MaCrea - Material Creation Tool for Sculptris Jul 11, 2010 12:02:28 GMT 1
Post by taron on Jul 11, 2010 12:02:28 GMT 1
FOR THE LATEST VERSION DOWNLOAD THIS:
Changes in v0.14
- hit "A" if you have a reflection image chosen to generate automatic lighting. It will parse through the image and spread out 13 lights across the sphere. It's not perfect, but pretty sweet already, I think. I'm not checking for highlights in it so it's really rather an ambient, but... yaha!
Changes in v0.13
- optimized reflection distortion correction (added keyboard shortcut "R" to toggle)
- Highlight threshold for diffusing reflection images
- Default with white surface and 50% light
Changes in v0.10b
- load/save jpeg images
- bias for subsurface extension
- some optimizations and minor changes internally
Changes in v0.08
- hold down [ALT] to rotate the light around the sphere
- [ALT]+ (gives an annoying windows sound, but aside from that...) this rotates all lights around, whereby...eh...I still have to work on that. It's fun right now, but more fun than useful.
- Reflection images and blurred versions have individual fresnel settings. Amazing stuff, when you know what you're doing! (...and probably if you don't, too?!)
- click on the reflection image to pick colors, too. Yes, a wacky idea, but it's pretty awesome, if you kn.... well, it allows you to simulate diffuse lighting by placing a bunch of lights from different angles and pick the respective colors from the image. I'll show that at some point.
- what else is new...hmmm... smaller things and a few optimizations, I suppose. I often just bounce around and try to improve things.
I can't remove the attachment, which is still version 0.02b and not worth checking... so just download the above!
Currently you can add up to 20 lightsources.
Each lightsource has it's own:
- position in 3d space
- specularity contribution
- subsurface extension (currently hardcoded to subdermal like red)
- softmode (for exponential blending creating smooth overlaps)
Some people, including myself, can turn on and off the background to isolate the sphere with the Tilde key. Don't ask me, why this is won't work for all?!
You can save as png image, hardcoded to 512x512 images.
OpenGL 2.0 or higher should be the minimum, I believe and Intel Mobile is very hopeless, so...eh... but you should've troubles with materials in Sculptris to begin with then anyway.
I hope you'll have some fun with it and it works as fine for you as it does for me. I may crawl this one up to an 0.1 version in the near future. Maybe even today?! ;D
New features in version 0.07 include:
- soft mode for lights is now a bias parameters
- fresnel with gain function for the material or individual lights
- reflection sphere images (only square format, yet)
- control bias and gain of such images
- parameter for the intensity (reflection)
- diffuse the reflection image
- control gain and bias of the diffused version of the image
- parameter for the intensity (illumination)
(There is a hidden feature preview, but its use is disabled right now!)
New version will hopefully be done soon.