The filesize is 1.43 MB, I've made a folder with the actual song and a screenshot of the error message you get. It says something like "unknown instrument "u blah blah blah". Im actually not even sure how good the song is.
You know how sometimes you get inspiration and make something really fast? And how sometimes you'll listen to it later to find that it sucks? Thats the kinda song this is. Anyhow, link to folder:
I was using your version (t1.65) A weird thing happened, I tried to load it, and it loaded all instruments except one (but no patterns) this instrument was called "tapeworm", I made it using the chip synth. I can only assume this was the "unknown instrument" the error message spoke of. If this is the case, couldn't you edit the SMU file via text editor and delete the instrument manually? It sounds like it would amount to more problems, but perhaps it's worth a shot.
By the way "S", what do you mean when you say to hold F2? I've never heard of that function before.
Well, it's next to impossible to do that via text editor, maybe a hex editor, but even then I have to figure out the complete save format. It's still mostly stuff that drpetter had written and I adhered to the concept of not really labeling anything. As a result I have to disect the order of things saved and see, if I can find indicators for the beginnings of each set of data. Evil.
Lol, I opened it with "free file viewer", it opens unknown files as text. I saw that it displayed the name of an instrument, what synth it was created from, and a block of code that I assume keeps track of knob values, envelopes, etc. Maybe this could be used to locate where exactly the code starts for "tapeworm", or whatever is causing problems. As for where the code ends......
I don't even know what Im talking about, but perhaps it will help =]
Neh, I know each block seems to start off with the type name of the device, but even just one byte of discrepancy will send musagi into a crash. Needless to mention that it's not at all clear, which thing has gotten corrupted. Even while it claims an unknown instrument, that doesn't say what exactly prompted that problem. Do you remember what happened? Has it crashed during saving or something?
I seem to recall saving during playback, and yes, it crashed. This has happened before with no consequence, so I assumed it would be fine.
I suppose thats what I get for assuming things =S
Even if the "tapeworm" instrument isn't the problem, trial and error may be the only way. Though, asking you to systematically delete huge portions of my SMU file (which very probably contains crappy music) with no reward cept "THANKIES" seems a tad unfair to me, especially when the slightest error will force you to start over :/
Oh well, do what you will. I don't mind if you throw in the towel on this one, it may be a lost cause anyway.
I'm glad you don't insist. PHEWWWwww... This kinda stuff is really something bad that doesn't have to happen. I've learned my lesson in the original version already and generally don't save during playback unless I'm willing to lose the song (which can actually happen! And then it doesn't! ). So, yeah, thanks and I'm really sorry. I don't even know what musagi does, if it has parts associated with the instrument and the instrument's gone. My assumption: crash. It helps a lot to be aware of the issue, since it's avoidable. I'm also sure it wasn't "crappy" at all! I'm looking very much forward to your next song!
Thats the error I got, and I too used task manager. However, I unfortunately didn't have backup copies =S
Perhaps I should put them in my Dropbox folder...
And hey, I've made a couple of songs I haven't uploaded, I think I'll do that today! I've been playing around with your instruments taron, I must complement your percussion and strings/choir. They are much better than mine, and I use them frequently
Thanks for trying to open my file, and for being patient with me (I can be a hassle xD)
Holding F2 function while clicking load strips a file of all "knob recording". Observe: file corrupted by envelopes. Try it. What it should have sounded like (with knob recording). Actually it might be a slightly different version. But especially the first ten seconds rely on "knob recording". (I found my USB stick yesterday)